Monday, January 9, 2012

BEFORE + AFTERS OF MY LATEST PROJECT

I just finished an investment property project last week and finally got some pictures of it. I will show you before and after pics so you have more of an appreciation of what we were working with. Shiloh Powers of Power Builders was the contractor on this project and truly is a floor plan genius and a great contractor. You can't see it in the pictures, but he makes sure the house is quality from the studs to the moldings. No cutting corners here.

We had a TIGHT BUDGET to work with, so keep that in mind as you look at these pics. Just to give you an idea of what I was working with - my total lighting budget was $500 and all of my tile was under $3 a sq ft. If you ever think you don't have the budget to remodel, I think I can prove you wrong!

Also keep in mind that this is an empty home that would look 100 times better if it was furnished, staged and professionally photographed. Maybe one day I will have the budgets to do all of those things, but in the mean time this is what I've got :)

And now I have to brag a little bit. The realtors listed this house 6 days ago and it went under contract today! Yes, in this down market it is possible to sell a house in less than a week. This made me extremely happy because my client is so pleased. That is always the ultimate goal.

And now we begin...
The EXTERIOR didn't change much. Just touch up paint, a new driveway, and a new front door.
BEFORE

AFTER

The before pics of this house are kind of sad. It was a nice old woman who lived here and we were happy to give the home the face lift it badly needed. The FRONT ROOM now has nice light and is open to the kitchen with a room off to the side to be used as an office or second bedroom.

BEFORE: FRONT ROOM

BEFORE: FRONT ROOM AND NOW KITCHEN AREA

AFTER: FRONT ROOM
I love these WOOD FLOORS. They are solid bamboo which is a plus since bamboo is a renewable and "green" material. They also look and feel great in person.

FRONT ROOM OPENS TO THE KITCHEN

OFFICE/EXTRA ROOM
 This room has great natural light. It's my favorite room in the house.

The KITCHEN turned out really nice for the budget we had. This is the one area of the house where it is easy to blow your budget but we were able to get a lot for a little.

We completely tore out the kitchen and moved the wall back a bit to allow for more space and an island.
BEFORE: KITCHEN

BEFORE: KITCHEN AND OLD MASTER BEDROOM

We discovered this brick wall behind the dry wall and exposed it in it's original condition. I chose the metal shelving instead of another cabinet to keep the kitchen feeling open and to also give it an urban/industrial feel. The sconces are from West Elm and I was really happy with the quality and price.

AFTER: KITCHEN
KITCHEN SHELVING
The countertop was a remnant. I can't remember the color but the brand is Zodiak (similar to Caesarstone). We got a great deal on it and I think the homeowner will be very happy with the durability of this surface.
KITCHEN ISLAND + PENDANTS
The MASTER BEDROOM and BATHROOM were reconfigured so we could get a bigger shower and more storage. The contractor had such vision in configuring the space like he did - making the most of the little space we had.

I am loving the paint color in the bedroom and bathroom. It is Gray Owl from Benjamin Moore. It's a gray/blue paint that isn't too gray or too blue. I highly recommend this paint color.
MASTER BEDROOM
 
MASTER BEDROOM
 I decided to go with an outdoor light fixture in the bathroom which turned out better than expected. This light is a Canarm light and is literally from a farm supply store. Yes, it is a real "barn light" but it gives off great light for a bathroom and it worked for the industrial look I was going for. And it was only $35! Can't beat that...
MASTER BATH
You can see in the picture above that I did go ahead and use the wood floor tile that I was not sure about using (thanks to your feedback). I am really happy with the way this tile looks. I will definitely be using wood floor tile in my future projects.

The mirrors are from Ikea and I liked them so much I bought one for my own guest bathroom!

SHOWER

TILE IN THE MASTER SHOWER
The master bathroom connects to the guest half bath. There wasn't enough room to do a toilet in the master bath and have a guest bath so we combined them and separated the shower and master vanity (with a door) from the guest half bath.
GUEST BATH VANITY LIGHT
The BASEMENT was unfinished and looked hopeless when they bought the home. Because the contractor has such great vision he raised the ceilings as much as possible, created a space for a theater room and a nice sized bedroom with a 3/4 bath.

BASEMENT STAIRS
THEATER ROOM + CABINETS
BASEMENT BEDROOM
In the basement bathroom I used the old standby white subways but I had them lay vertical instead of horizontal for a more modern look. You can't really tell but the floor tile is a gray 6 x 24 tile. I liked this tile a lot, especially for the $3 a sq ft price.
BASEMENT BATH
BASEMENT TILE CLOSE-UP

Phew! This is a long post. Hope you enjoyed it! One house finished, many more to go...

7 comments:

  1. wow! this is beautiful! love the wood floor tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the bamboo floors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the bamboo flooring at Hardwood Warehouse in SLC. They have very competitive pricing and are easy to work with. The flooring was very affordable...

      Delete
  3. My jaw dropped on that kitchen. What an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. No wonder the house sold so quickly! It's beautiful!! I can't say enough how much I love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...