Thursday, March 6, 2014

REMODEL PROJECT NOW ON THE MARKET! 6TH AVE

683 K Street, SLC UT
If you follow me regularly you know that I help some home builders/investors design the homes they flip. This project was a full remodel, but pretty low-key and we kept it simple and classic. It was a quick project, but the home has a great feel to it and it's on the market in a great neighborhood and everything is brand new. It would make a very happy home for the right buyer!

THE STATS:
Address: 683 K Street in Salt Lake City
Price: $349,000
Square Feet: 1511
Bedrooms/Bathrooms: 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms
Originally Built: 1916
Listed By: Darrel Thomas, Select Group Realty - 801-641-4862







Can I tell you how much I want to stage these homes?! The bones are there but imagine a cute striped curtain on the shower and a blue and white soap dish on the counter of the bathroom. Or a flokati rug in front of the fireplace with a leather ottoman and two chairs with an arching modern floor lamp and antique accessories.

I am trying to convince the investors to put up some money to have me stage the homes. What do you think? Worth the investment? When you are buying a home do you prefer it to be furnished and do you think it increases the value when it's furnished well? Or do you think an empty home is just as great and leaves room for the imagination? Would love to hear your comments!!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely worth the investment to do a little bit of staging. Since you went with a very neutral and white color scheme (that I love, by the way), it's important to show potential buyers who might feel like it is "sterile" or "bland" that it is the perfect house to customize and liven up with color in accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! This is great feedback. I feel that way too. I love using white on walls because art looks so much better on it, but without the art it does feel a bit bland to me. Maybe I can convince the investors if they see your fabulous comments!

      Delete
  2. i was just talking about you yesterday! :)

    i love it all. it has your classic touch all over it. hard to believe this is a flip. looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you like it. Means a lot to me.
      Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  3. You've done such a great job, it hardly needs anything else! Staging would be fun, but I don't mind seeing all the tile and details you've put into the bones of the house. Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind and generous comment - it needs something for sure, but I'm so happy you like it! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. gorgeous blank slate for a new owner...and you should definitely stage to give the house some life and a mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am so glad you agree some staging is needed. Crossing my fingers :)

      Delete
  5. It looks awesome Marianne! I hope they let you stage :) You could just have key pieces you moved from place to place. I bet with your skillz whoever bought it would want to buy most of the pieces anyway.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Your style us classic, fresh and a bit modern. I love seeing homes staged. People want to see how they could live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely stage! Not everyone has an eye for furniture placement, decorating, etc. They like to see room possibilities and I believe it gives them a better idea of room size with furniture in the home. Beautiful job! Also, would you be willing to share paint colors (ext. gray and interior kitchen/living) They are lovely!

    Kem B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! zorter

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi. i found your blog somehow... decor pad? google? i can't recall. can you share your source for the kitchen hardware. i am ready to purchase mine and this is just what i have been looking for but can't seem to find anywhere. thanks. You are GREAT at what you do. these homes are amazing!
    -meg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...